The kids have said some really cute things lately and I wanted to record them before I forget them!
Reagan's speech is somewhat delayed, but she is learning new words and phrases all the time. The other mo
rning Luke had an owie and he wanted a band-aid. When Reagan saw that Luke was getting one, she told me," I need a boo-boo sticker!" That melted my heart, so of course, Reagan got her "boo-boo sticker!" If you really think about it, a band-aid is really just a boo-boo sticker, right?
In the library this week, an older lady with white hair walked by Reagan. She said, "Hi Gamma!" I looked at the lady and she smiled, but she still didn't look thrilled to hear that one! I thought it was pretty funny!
Caroline came home on Tuesday to tell me that she had auditioned for her class's Christmas Play. The play is about Santa and his reindeer. She told me that she had tried out for the part of Vixen. I asked her what she said for her audition and she replied,"Hi boys! Name is Vixen!"She then proceeded to wink at me! While Caroline was saying this, she was fluffing her hair with one hand and the other hand was on her hip! I can only imagine what her teacher was thinking! I thought she deserved to play Vixen, but turns out she is going to be playing the part of Comet.
Caroline had this Nerf dart gun that Luke has inherited. He doesn't call it a gun;he calls it a shpoower because when he is "shooting" it, he says the "shpoo" sound. He tells me that he is going to "shpoo" the bad guys! Around Halloween time, he told me he was going to "shpoo the werewolbs."(and yes, I spelled werewolves the way he said it!)
He also told me the other day his imagination wasn't working. I tried asking him more questions to see what he meant, but he kept telling me that his tires weren't working. The only thing that I can gather is that maybe he was meaning to say "machine" instead of imagination! Heaven only knows!
1 comment:
This is good stuff to write down. Evan calls automatic doors "automagic doors" or just "magic doors". I'm sure they are magic to him.
Post a Comment