Saturday, August 20, 2011

Donut Falls Hike

Today we took the kiddos on the 2nd hike of the summer up to Donut Falls. When I told Luke the name of the waterfall, he literally thought donuts would be in the waterfall! The hike is 3/4 of a mile one way. Luke did the entire things by himself, but Reagan needed some piggy-back rides from Daddy. They had a blast! We saw lots of wild flowers, tall trees (which Luke is very fascinated with), butterflies, and cool rocks on the trail. It was a really fun outing and we look forward to doing more of these with the kiddos!





Luke and Rich are out in the middle of the creek on a big rock! I love this picture of my boys!



I love the sound of the water. I told Rich that when we retire, we need to be next to water.




Luke and Reagan have just started holding hands when they are walking. Reagan used to be hesitant to hole Luke's hand because she never knew what his intentions were. I love seeing this side of them!


"Do you think this stick will float?"


Everyone is still smiling at the end of the hike! That is a good sign!


I am trying to get into more of the pictures to prove I was actually there!

2 comments:

Julie Lloyd said...

good job! I haven't taken that hike in ages!

Twins Squared said...

Looks like more enjoyable scenery than on our hike in good ole Texas! Still ours wasn't bad considering. I agree about retiring near water - something so relaxing about it! Also glad to see you've got the kids in preschool - are you finally starting to breathe again? I am!