Monday, August 2, 2010

Girls' Weekend-Hilton Head, SC

Sharyn and Jen at Magnolia Plantation
(We didn't mean to co-ordinate our outfits, I swear!)

Sharyn has been my best friend since my freshman year of college. We have been through everything together. Five years ago over Mother's Day, we went to New York for a Girls' weekend and had a blast. We have talked about doing another one for years. When her husband called me to arrange another one for her b-day, we decided to go to Hilton Head, SC for the weekend. We stayed with my in-laws who live on the island and had a blast. Here are some of the things we did:

We went to the beach of course! I have decided that I could very easily become a beach bumb! My in-laws are a 10 minute walk from this beautiful beach!


We toured this old plantation home on Magnolia Plantation owned by the Drayton family. It has been in their family for 10 generations. It used to be a rice plantation. The tour was excellent.

The gardens on the grounds are historic. There are several bridges in the gardens. This red one was our favorite. It had planter boxes on both sides of the bridge with beautiful flowers. The water was completely covered with a layer of bright green algae which made the bridge pop even more.

After we went to the plantation, we spent the rest of the day in Charleston. We shopped till we dropped! We then walked around the historic homes there. They are stunning. I LOVE Charleston. It is one of the most charming cities I have visited. I have been there 3 times now and never get tired of it.

It was a quick trip, but tons of fun! I can't wait to see where we will go 5 years from now!! Thanks Sharyn for the great weekend!