I took the kids to the doctor since their coughs had been lasting a couple of weeks. It is so hard this time of year to know the difference between colds and allergies. While we were there, I felt a migraine coming on. I used to get these several times a week in high school. I knew that the only way to get rid of the darn thing was to sleep it off. That is so easy when you have 3 kids to take care! I started feeling nautious on top of that!
By the time we got home, I was a mess. I called Rich and he wasn't going to be home for another hour. I was laying on the floor in the middle of the family room and Luke could sense that something was wrong. He brought over his most treasured items, his blankies, and covered me up with one of them. He kept telling me, "Mommy, medicine you!" He would give me kisses and love pats. He brought over his toys and sat very close to me. He was so sweet!
After I had thrown a frozen pizza in the oven for dinner, I ended up throwing up! Luckily, Rich got home right about then! I was laying in bed, and Reagan wandered in and climbed up on the bed next to me. She laid down right next to me and put her head on my pillow. She gave me love pats and told me, "Okay, Mommy. Okay Mommy." She also gave me kisses.
It is amazing to me how sweet and compassionate 2 two-year olds can be. They made me feel like a million bucks even though I felt like I was going to die!
3 comments:
That is so sweet and precious. So sorry you had such a bad time though. I get headaches all the time, some I think are migraines. I hate that! But how adorable that they can be so sensitive and loving. Thanks for sharing this story. :)
Oh Jen! You poor thing. Migraines are the pits. I can still function with a backache, leg pain, etc... but a headache or migraine I can not. I'm getting a headache thinking about it. Oy! Maybe I should just stay in bed today....Oh wait, my kids would starve or burn down the house :P
so sorry about the migraines. :(
Kids really have the compassion in them...when I was pregnant with Malcolm, Laurel was just over 18 monhts...I was throwing up (again and again and again)...one time I was hunched over the toilet puking and crying. Laurel came up behind me and patted my back and said, "Ok Momma. Ok Momma. Don't cry."
So I cried harder.
Post a Comment