Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Monkey Business

I have noticed that the twins go through stages where they are into everything and picking on each other and then they are sweet again and enjoy one another's company. Before we were sick for the past 3 weeks with the "plague" as I like to call it, they were going through one of those "monkey stages." These are just a few of the things Luke and Reagan were up to:

  • I came into the master bedroom only to find that Luke had found the bar of soap from their bathtub and was using it to "color" on our t.v. and the t.v. stand.
  • There is not a door into our master bathroom from our bedroom, so if our bedroom door is open, the twins cause all sorts of trouble. Reagan likes to turn the water faucets on that go to our jetted-tub and then run into the closet and hide behind my dresses and skirts. Luke has learned this from watching his "big" sister. They both run away giggling until they are "safe" under Mommy's skirts!
  • Luke moves the kitchen chairs around the kitchen to get whatever he wants. If pens and pencils are on the counter, he finds them and colors on whatever paper is next to them. I have caught him putting CDs into the toaster. Luckily, I keep it unplugged! I find him on the counters at least 5 times a day! It is maddening!
  • When Luke sees me coming after him with a diaper, he takes off running and hides under tables. Of course he is giggling while Mommy is chasing after him!
  • The twins have figured out how to turn the DVD player on and open and close the DVD drawer. On many occasions, Luke is found running around with the DVD that was in the player. Reagan just likes to turn the player off and on, especially in the middle of a show Caroline is watching.
  • Luke is quite fond of taking his diaper off. He feels that it cramps his style! I tell him that diapers are not optional at the Rollins' house! Maybe he will want to be potty-trained early! One can only hope!
  • I was running errands while Rich was home watching the kiddos. Luke had a toy that Reagan wanted. Luke wouldn't give it up, so she decided to attach herself to him. She sat on the floor next to him, and then wrapped her arms and legs around his legs so that he couldn't go anywhere. Apparently, Luke threw a fit, and Reagan just sat there as cool as a cucumber until Rich went over and removed her from Luke's legs.
  • One night I was Enrichment Night, and Caroline became quite upset and frustrated with Rich. (She thinks that Rich can rough house with her the same way he does with the twins, but she is much taller and bigger than them which makes some activities impossible.) Rich told me she was having a complete meltdown. She told him that he didn't love her as much as the babies, etc. Rich picked her up and put her on the counter so he could chat with her and get her calmed down. In the mean time, the pantry door was left open, and the twins found the box of Nutri-grain bars. They carried it over to the coffee table in the family room and decided to open one of the bars. (How they got it open, beats me, but they did.) They proceeded to share it and smear it all over one another. Rich didn't look up to see their antics until it was too late! It is no wonder that my parents call the twins the modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

Thankfully, this phase only lasted a couple of weeks and they are back to loving one another and being the wonderful little toddlers that they really are! This whole introduction to sibling rivalry has come as quite a shock! I know there is only more of it to come our way! Good times!

7 comments:

Cath & Aaron Grimm said...

This brings back so many memories. Twins are so different than a single baby. I miss your babies.

Lisa said...

Just like Katootie's recent post, this had me laughing! I was so happy to have the opportunity to love on your little ones when I so desperately needed to do so! I love you!

Scot and Evie said...

Love the cds in the toaster!

Barret stuck nails in the outlets. He removed the bulb in his nightlight and stuffed foam in the socket. He loved turning on the water in our tub. It was always the hot water! Who knows how long it was on before we found it. It's a wonder he's still alive.
BTW, we are moving to Chattanooga!

Hurleys Happenings! said...

It sounds like your house is a lot like ours! Maybe monkey business comes with being a twin! Ethan wants to come live in Colorado so that he can be near Caroline - isn't that sweet?!

Alexis said...

Your twins are so much more mobile than mine! Thanks for sharing their antics- you brought lots of smiles to my face. I think that having an older sibling probably makes a big difference- my twins don't even know how to throw, or how to climb on "grown up" chairs yet. And no one is teaching them!

Beth said...

Wait until the next phase! Too funny.

The Dillon 6 said...

I love it! Twins are SO much fun ~ and I'm a bit envious. Though Dana's personality more than makes up for it. :)