Monday, July 20, 2009

Mid-summer update

We have had a busy summer like everyone has. We only had 2 1/2 weeks before the end of kindergarten and 1st grade. I thought I would just update you on each of the kiddos. There is quite a bit (sorry)!



REAGAN


REAGAN IS WALKING!!! YEAH!!! She started walking on July 2nd, 5 days before turning 18 months. Don't you just love those chubby little legs? The first couple of days she would hold her hands straight out in front of her and open and close her little hands. She had the biggest grin on her face. I love to watch her little curls bounce as she walks around. I have noticed that she even is jabbering more. We were thrilled with this developmental mile stone! Go Reagan!


Reagan loves baby dolls, even more than Caroline did. This particular morning she pushed the baby around for 20 minutes. Upstairs, she pushes the babies around in a high chair. It is so cute to watch her give the baby kisses and hugs!

On July 12, the babies went to Nursery for the first time. Reagan did really well until they brought her to me with a dirty diaper. There was only a half hour left, but she wouldn't let me leave her. She cried and cried. Yesterday, she cried and cried again. I spent the first hour with her and Rich sat in there for the second hour. Hopefully, she will enjoy it soon!



LUKE


Luke is as big of a ham as ever! The twins had their first Happy Meal and this is what Luke did with the box it came in! This was done with out any encouragement from anyone! Luke loves nursery! He loves blocks, cars, trains, balls, and his blanket! We call him our little Linus! Luke loves music and to "draw." He has an amazing vocabulary. Most of his words are just the first 2-3 sounds of the word. Luke is very affectionate. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He LOVES to brush his teeth. He would do it 4-5 times a day if I let him. I came into the master bathroom and found him sitting on our counter. He was "brushing" his teeth and then proceeded to spit into the sink as he had seen us do it so many times. He tells me "Bru tee"! He cracks us up. He is a very good little boy!


Luke has remarkable concentration for being 18 months. He also has excellent fine motor skills. He likes to build bridges for his cars to go across on and some of his bridges are very elaborate. I need to take a picture. He loves to line cars up in a straight line, as well.

CAROLINE



Caroline started FIRST Grade on July 7! She goes all day now! I miss her terribly! I didn't realize how much she helped me with the twins and around the house. I miss her little conversations. There is a big chunk of the day where no one really "converses" with me now that she is gone. This has been a huge adjustment for everyone. Caroline has to be at school by 7:55 each morning. She has always had afternoon preschool and kindergarten, so we have to be in the van by 7:45 to take her to school.

She loves her teacher, Mrs. Smith and is going to learn a ton of new things this year! She loves that she gets to go to music, art, and PE regularly this year.

Caroline is in a Daisy troop. They had an end of the year party at Sweet and Sassy. Upon arriving, she got to go choose some dress-ups. Her friends all come out in princess dresses, but Caroline chose a Hannah-Montana outfit. ( I only let her start watching that in the last couple of months!) The girls get to sit in "director's chairs" and get their hair, nails, and make-up done. Here is one of all glammed up:





After the girls were all glammed up, they got to get on a stage and dance around to music. They were all pretty mellow until the Hannah Montana songs came on! They sang at the top of their lungs and danced their little hearts out. It was very fun to watch! At the end, they had a fashion show on the stage. Here is a picture of her little troop all dressed up:






5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

you did it! a long awaited update! :) those kids are growing up too fast! I didn't realize that you had year-round school ~ I think my kids would totally benefit from that continuity. :)

Julie Lloyd said...

wow! they are so big. I am dying over Reagans curls. what a lucky girl and mom! thanks for keeping us updated. Can you add teh "followers" block to your blog?

Scot and Evie said...

Great pictures Jen! I wish chubby legs looked great on me.
That Luke is a little smarty pants. You know they say that boys get their intelligence from their mother :)
It doesn't say alot for me since Andrew burps out loud in public and almost always has a wet spot on the front of his pants b/c he waits until the last minute to go ;)
Emma is big on the Hannah M. thing too. She wants me to find her phone number so she can call her and ask her if she can come over to play. Makes me wonder if she would have been over this had I let her watch Hannah earlier.

Cath & Aaron Grimm said...

They are growing up without me. They are so cute and I miss you guys!!

Kara said...

Jen, hello!!!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!! (I saw this on the Grimms' site)

Anyhow... so cute! Love the pics of the kids. And since we don't have "pre-nursery" to chat in anymore, we will have to get together some other way! :)

Email me at clint_kara@msn.com for an invitation to our blog, ok??