Friday, July 4, 2008

Bits and pieces


Well, it has been forever since I did our last post, so this will probably be rather long. By the way, there are a few pictures at the bottom!
We finally had some warm weather, so we have been doing a lot outdoors. We go to the park several days a week, play in the kiddie pool, go for walks, etc. Our most recent excursion involved a trip to Chucky Cheese's for lunch yesterday since the weather was less than desirable. We went with a couple of our friends and enjoyed that. Other than being social, we are attempting to start packing so we can get out of here by July 31.
Caroline lost her second tooth since my last post and is so tickled that she is getting "grown up" teeth! She is in such a hurry to grow up. It doesn't seem to be enough for her to be starting kindergarten, I think she is 6 going on 16! Last October, Caroline won a goldfish at our Ward's Halloween party. We warned her that it might not live too long, well here it was still going strong at the end of June. I always go to feed the fish as I am getting breakfast ready for us, and she would wait at the top of the fish bowl for her food. Last Friday, I went to feed "Fireworks", as Caroline named her, and she didn't come to the surface for her food. I looked down in the fish bowl and Fishie (her nickname) was no where to be found. I looked under the castle in the bowl, she wasn't there, on the counter around her bowl, she wasn't there, and finally, I looked on the floor near the bowl. STILL NO FISHY!!! I looked everywhere I could think that maybe she had jumped out to, but to this day, we have not found the goldfish! So we currently have a goldfish that is MIA. Caroline told me that she wanted to make posters to put around the neighborhood, so people could keep an eye out for Fireworks! I then had to remind her that Fishy would not just be out cruising the neighborhood.
The twins are learning and growing with leaps and bounds. Reagan rolled over before Luke which surprises me because she is usually about 2 weeks behind Luke. A few days ago, I noticed that when she rolls on to her tummy, she pulls her little knees up under her bum and is trying to push herself forward with her toes. Luke has rolled from back to belly and then belly to back all within 2 minutes. He has only done that once, so I think in his mind he has checked that off his to do list. He is onto the next thing which is cutting his first tooth! There are 2 little white specks in his mouth. He is also just itching to eat "big people" food. He holds his little mouth open at the dinner table like a little birdy hoping for a handout! Next week we can start rice cereal! He will be relieved! We also pulled out the exersaucer to strengthen their leg muscles and give them something else to do.
In my last blog I mentioned that Reagan was going to need a helmet for her positional plagiocephaly. Her PT and pediatrician both said she would be a good canidate for it. I took her down to Childrens' Hospital in Seattle about 3 weeks ago. The doctor told us that her condition was mild-moderate and that her adjusted age at the time was 4 months old. I was told that 75% of children with Reagan's condition outgrow it by 6 months. She also mentioned that she had seen babies with much worse plagiocephaly who never needed a helmet. So as of right now, she doesn't need one!! YEAH!! We go back in August for her 6 month consult to see if at that point she still needs one!!Enough for now! Have a great weekend!

Here we are in Mt. Rainier National Park Last weekend.

Luke is in the exersaucer for the first time. Such a smiley boy!


Here is Reagan in the Exersaucer!



Here is Caroline on the slide at the playground. WEEEEE!









5 comments:

Katie Voorhees said...

Yeah, another blog post! I can't wait to meet the twins, they are so darn cute! I knew they would look like me! Hee, Hee, Hee And Caroline looks much older than 6!

Julie Lloyd said...

I am glad you paused your busy life long enough to post. It is so amazing to see your family of FIVE. I LOVE IT. You two are just the parents to have such a cute bunch. Can't wait to hear about the moving adventures.

Scot and Evie said...

I'm so happy to see you posted another blog. I'm sure it's crazy right now with the kids and packing. Fireworks probably heard you were moving and headed for the ocean :) Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

What precious little ones, can hardly wait to get my hands on them and spoil them rotten!
Love, Grammy

Lisa said...

YAY! Another post! I love being updated on your beautiful family! Great news about Reagan! I can't believe how beautiful she is and how handsome Luke is! They are quite a pair! I loved the story about Caroline's "Fireworks" and can't believe how big she is getting either! Love you!