Tuesday, January 17, 2012

December Catch-up Part I

December was a great month! Caroline had a Christmas dance recital and a choir concert. Unfortunately, my camera went on the fritz at the choir concert and none of the pictures turned out. We stayed in town for the holidays and had a low key Christmas which was perfect. The kids had a ball and got more toys than should be allowed in one house hold.

We did our Salt Lake Traditions as I call them since there are only certain things you can do here during the holidays. Caroline and I went to see Forgotten Carols with my dear friend Melissa. This is our second year in a row to go together. Caroline starts looking forward to the show about 2 months before we even get to go. We go to dinner before and then go see the show. We had great tickets this year and I loved watching Caroline giggle and smile through out the show. I love this tradition.

Gardiner Village always puts elves on display for Christmas. We went again this year, but we were disappointed that there were fewer elves this year than last. My camera was still on the fritz so my pictures didn't turn out yet again!!

Our all time favorite tradition is seeing the lights on Temple Square. I realize how blessed we are to live in Salt Lake and see these every year. I know there are many members of the church who only dream of getting to see the lights. I am always amazed at how quickly you can feel the Spirit when you walk through the gates. We had fun and I loved watching the kids enjoy all the wonderment of the Christmas lights.

I will post some of the pics that actually turned out in the next post!

No comments: