I have been a single parent of 3 very busy kiddos for almost 2 weeks. Rich left on Jan. 27th to start his new job in UT. I really don't know how single moms do it 24/7! My parents and grandma have been helping me immensely.
The first day Rich was gone I took the "babies" in for their 2 year well-check ups. Reagan was first at 9:05 and followed by Luke at 9:30. Realistically, I should have been out of there in an hour, right? Wrong!! (Caroline was with me by the way since she is off track.) Usually they put us in one of their large exam rooms since we take up so much space, but not today! We are literally climbing all over one another through out the exams. Trying to make sure one doesn't escape the exam room while visiting with the doctor is lots of fun, as well. (My mom offered to go with me, and through out all of this, I am thinking why didn't I take her up on this! In my effort to be more independent, I turned her down because she will not be in UT to help me with stuff like this.) They had to get 3 shots each which is awful for one child alone,yet times that by 2! We waited half an hour for the nurse to come with the shots! Reagan was the first one to get her shots and her screaming upset Luke so much he started to cry even before he got his shots. After being there for an hour and a half, we finally left.
For the first time, Luke broke the 50th percentile: height 35.5 inches (80th percentile) and weight 28 lbs. 5.2 oz. (60th). Reagan is still our little one: height 33.5 inches (45th) and weight 25 lbs. 3.6 oz. (35th).
I am grateful for healthy kids and a fabulous pediatrician. Most days with twins are manageable, but every so often I have days like this one and think "Holy Cow!" They also make me not want to ever leave my house again!!
4 comments:
I am nodding my head at everything you just said. I didn't bring my mom either and I was kicking myself for it b/c Ashley was totally hysterical. And then I found myself 2 days later having to take her back and I couldn't get a hold of my mom so I took ALL 4 and same thing - we were in this tiny room and we were there forever. It was insane and Ash had to have a catheter, another shot, then we had to wait, and we had just come from the allergy shot place where Kaitlyn gets a shot and all this was after school. All of it was utterly and completely ridiculous. I feel your pain, sista!! Lesson learned - take help whenever possible. :)
I two was shaking my head because I have lived that scenario also. I am sure going to miss you and your cute family. Keep up on your blog so I can see what footsteps the twins are following after mine. Best of luck my friend.
ahh... I will miss you so! sorry the checkups were so stressful. Ella will really miss Luke and Reagan.
BTW, Ella weighs the same as Luke! She only had to have one shot though.
I had singletons, and I feel the same way!
Keep your head in there ~ you can DO it! :)
Post a Comment